Bavette Truffle Steak
Download Bavette Truffle Steak Recipe
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 lb ground wagyu beef
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 cups beef stock or both
- 2 cups cooked farro
- Preheat smoker to 225-250F.
- Place 1 chunk of Hickory wood in Coal bed.
- Season Bavette Steak with a 50/50 blend of coarse sea salt and coarse black pepper and a light coating of granulated garlic.
- Place Bavette Steak over indirect heat on the smoker until the internal temperature is 115F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet and melt truffle butter and truffle oil.
- Place sliced mushrooms in the cast iron skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Turn the cast iron skillet to high. Add 2 tablespoons more of truffle butter.
- Take fresh thyme sprigs and quickly baste them in the heated truffle butter for 10 seconds.
- Add Bavette steak into cast iron. Sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes. Continuously spread pan drippings over the steak as it sears, using the thyme sprigs.