Italian wagyu sausage po' boy
Download Italian wagyu sausage po' boy Recipe
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Pound Wagyu Italian Sausage
- 1 Pound Gulf Shrimp
- ¾ Cup Corn Meal
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Heavy Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- Garnish Tomato
- Garnish Shredded Lettuce
- Garnish Dill Pickle Chips
- 2 French Sub Rolls
- Toss the shrimp in the buttermilk, and ½ tablespoon of the salt. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while prepping the other ingredients.
- Mix flour, cornmeal,dry herbs, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain shrimp, pat them dry, and coat in the flour mixture. Nestly arrange the shrimp on a cookie cooling sheet.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a cast iron skillet. Begin frying shrimp until golden brown.
- Place sliced Wagyu Italian Sausage into the same oil and remove when cooked. Lightly sprinkle ½ teaspoon of salt over both wagyu sausage and fried shrimp.
- Toast French sub rolls until golden brown and baste both the inside and outside with butter.
- Spread the mayonnaise and mustard on both halves of the rolls. On the bottom halves, divide the fried shrimp, then arrange the sliced Wagyu Italian sausage over the shrimp, top with the sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and pickles. Affix the top halves, then slice in half and serve.