Skip to content
- 2 lbs Wagyu beef stew meat (MHC Stew Meat is Pre-diced)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 raw strips of bacon, chopped into 1/4 inch strips (Try MHC Beef Bacon)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Guinness Extra Stout beer
- 3 cups beef stock
- 6 small yellow potatoes, washed, peeled and uncut
- 1 tbsp. dried marjoram
- ½ tbsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hearty bread
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven and melt the clarified butter on medium-high. Add the MHC Wagyu Beef stew meat and brown, stirring to make sure all sides are cooking evenly. Remove the meat from the pot, leaving the butter and oil drippings.
- Toss in the onions, bacon, tomato paste and flour to the pot, stirring with a wooden spoon making sure the onions don’t burn. Once the onions become transparent - about 3 to 5 minutes - reduce fire to low and simmer. Add the beer and beef stows slowly - this will prevent flare ups. Continue to stir until combined.
- Toss in the browned beef stew meat, plus add the potatoes, marjoram, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender and pulls apart with a fork.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.