Skip to content
- 3lb Mason Hill Cattle Wagyu Beef Roast
- Large yellow onion - sliced
- 4 rainbow carrots – chopped into 1” chunks
- 8oz white mushrooms – chopped in half
- 2 x 12oz bottles Deschutes Black Butte
- Porter – room temperature
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 4 slices bacon – chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- Sea salt & coarse ground black pepper
- Heavily season the roast with a 50/50 mix of sea salt and coarse black pepper. Place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Let roast rest for 1 hour at room temperature before you’re ready to cook it.
- Preheat your Green Mountain Grills pellet smoker to 275° Or stove on low heat.
- Heat a 4qt Dutch oven on medium heat. Pour small amount of oil into oven and place roast inside. Sear all sides of the roast for about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove roast and set aside. Cook bacon until fat has rendered but not crispy. Remove bacon and save for later.
- Cook sliced onion, mushrooms and garlic until onions are translucent with slight browning.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat. Add bacon, beer and beef broth. Scrape bottom of oven to release all that goodness that has stuck to it.
- Add roast and carrots to oven. Roast was ¾ covered with liquid when placed in oven. Place sprig of rosemary and thyme on top of roast. Close oven and place into your Green Mountain Grills pellet smoker.
- Cook for 3 hours, pull the roast when the internal temperature is 130°
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.