Download Wagyu Picadillo Recipe
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup olive Juices
- 4 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 lb ground wagyu beef
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Brown meat on high heat in a cast iron dutch oven (with lid) and season with half the salt and pepper. Use a spoon to break up the meat as it browns.
- While meat is cooking, chop onion, garlic, pepper, tomato and cilantro.
- Add these to the meat and lower heat to medium. Add olives and brine from the olives, cumin, bay leaf, remaining salt and pepper.
- Lower heat to simmer and cover for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve with rice and warm flatbread for dipping.